Thursday, January 17, 2013

I'd Like to Thank the Academy

AAAAAH ANOTHER AWARD! *claps hands to cheeks* The HORROR-- okay, not really, 'cause it comes from Helen Boswell and I know all you lovelies who've read MYTHOLOGY are fangirling on the inside 'cause yeah, she and I are like totally tight. *cool chick nod*

Atticus... I am so sorry hon. I promise you can kill me after I tell everyone eleven facts about myself. XD

THE LIEBSTER AWARD
 
(Picture to come. Maybe. For now just have a trophy:
 
 
 
THE RULES:  
  • List 11 random facts about myself
  • Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated me
  • Nominate 11 people for the award, along with 11 questions for them to answer
This'll be interesting. XD And now, without further ado... (yes, I just like saying "ado") GETTING TO KNOW YOU, PART... um... what are we on again?
 
11 Facts About Yours Truly
 
1. My middle name is made up. No joke. It's Rashae. My dad said if I was going to have a princess-y first name, I was going to have a "ghetto" middle name. If this were Twitter, I would hashtag "blackgirlproblems".
 
2. I went through a phase like three years ago when I wanted to be an Air Force pilot. Had it all planned out: I'd apply for the Air Force Academy, serve for eight-ten years, come back and go to school and get a degree in creative writing. Then I realized I have an issue with authority figures and that I also would not last through boot camp so. Dreams were dashed. I still have a high respect for the military though, Air Force especially, and I fully intend to get my pilot's license someday. Preferably when I'm rich enough to own my own plane.
 
3. My brother and I have a pretend sitcom called "Life with JC" just so we can use all of our hilarious one liners on each other. Yes we're pathetic, but let me tell you if I ever become rich and famous you'll laugh at everything I say. Hopefully.
 
4. I can't eat Asian food without chopsticks. Apparently it's common knowledge, because Santa left me a bag of chopsticks in my stocking last Christmas. XD
 
5. I cannot cook for the life of me. BUT I can bake! Pretty well. I know it makes no sense. Just roll with it.
 
6. I am an ASL student (American Sign Language). This is ironic because I'm very loud and loquacious so you wouldn't expect me to hold a conversation without actually using my voice, but HA! I totally can! And I've met tons of deaf people and it's fascinating to learn about their culture and I even have a name sign, which is a huge honor in the deaf community, so ha. *sticks tongue out*
 
7. I found out a couple of years ago that I do have a type of guy I like. Latinos. Don't ask me why. I just find them insanely sexy. I have like three Latino characters: Jay, Javi, and Raphael. And Maya and Nani if you want to count Latinas.
 
8. My house is totally haunted. Our whole town is built on top of a cemetery (small town, big cemetery) and the ghost's name is Charlie. At least I think his name is Charlie. He's evil. In the fun sense. He's the fun sort of evil. XD
 
9. I'm allergic to dogs, specifically my pitbull, Deezel. He makes me itch. And sneeze. And break out in hives. It's really depressing. *sniffles*
 
10. I don't like nuts. Except pecans. Well, and peanuts. And cashews. But that's it.
 
11. I was once stuck in an elevator for two hours. I was like six. Believe me when I tell you NOT TO TRY THAT AT HOME.
 
Eleven Things Helen Asked Me
 
1. Favorite flavor of ice cream? Depends on where we are. If at home, Vanilla Bean. If at Cold Stone, Cake Batter. I have a sweet tooth, but mostly for vanilla. XD

2. If you could give a copy of your book to any famous person, who would it be and why? (Haha already did that-- Meg Cabot, and she LIKED IT! :D ) Joss Whedon. "Here. Read it. Like it. Make it into a movie. KTHNXBAI."

3. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? To answer this, I need to know what the heck a woodchuck is. *eyebrow*

4. If you could pick a person to play one of the central characters in your story, who would it be? Oh, I dream cast all the time. I have the whole cast for The Lucky One mapped out. Not so much for Death and Other Things I Fail At though... I'm thinking Katherine Heigl would be a good Sophia, if she died her hair red again like in One For the Money.

5. What was the last song you couldn't get out of your head? The Glee version of Any Way You Want It/Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'. That is a song that is required to be played at the highest volume, with hair swinging, air guitars, and shimmying.

6. On days you don't feel like cooking, what is the first thing you think of getting for take out? Cannot cook. Like at all. But I love take out! And sushi. Yum.

7. Dogs or cats? Dogs. I am such a dog person. I don't mind cuddling with cats though.

8. If you could go on a writing retreat to anywhere in the world, where would it be? Oh gosh... I've always dreamed of owning a vacation cabin in the mountains of Montana, where I could do nothing but listen to the silence and write. So there. Definitely.

9. What is the best book you read in 2012? Haaa, Helen, I see what you did there... Actually, I have to say Necromancing the Stone by Lish McBride... with MYTHOLOGY a very close second. XD The only reason it trumps MYTHOLOGY is because of the climax. Goodness gracious. It takes a lot to make me cry in a book but I misted in that one, no joke.

10. What is your favorite rock band from the 80's? Ooh, can I say Kansas if my favorite Kansas song was Carry On Wayward Son and is actually from the 70s? I'm a huge Journey fan. Also, Bon Jovi. Also, Queen. And maybe Green Day (they count. Don't they?). Oh man, don't make me choose, that's not fair.

11. Tell us your short pitch for your WIP. Well I just finished Death and Other Things I Fail At for NaNoWriMo, so I suppose it's time to pick a new project. XD
 
TRUE STORY
 
Ivy English is a compulsive liar.
 
(No, really.)
 
She's pretty good at it, too, until she gets caught one time too many and is sent away to attend a rehabilitation camp for pathological liars. There she meets Jay, the sexy Latino who secretly drag races motorcycles; Amber, who can talk her way out of anything; and Parker, the camp's overly helpful director who is more than he appears. They all seem like perfectly nice people-- except the fact that they're each skin deep in a lie they can't escape.

And if Ivy wants to help them, she has to first figure out how to pull down the walls she built and tell the truth, to both herself and everyone else.
 
I don't know if you remember, but this was one of my ideas back in the post "Jasmine is a Hooker Name". I changed the title to something lighter-- it'll be YA Contemporary Humor, so.
 
Also, I'll also be posting some short stories here on my blog featuring Christina, an English schoolgirl with a horribly boring life, and Nick, an American thief who is both charming and infuriating. They'll have entertaining and possibly (slightly) dangerous adventures together. YA Adventure/Humor, with a little bit of romance thrown in.
 
AND NOW I must tag people! I don't know eleven people, so instead, I'll tag two of my SHIFT buddies Elyse and Lily, and then point at YOU, reader! :D
 
Questions for you to answer:
 
1. Who was the first character you ever wrote?
2. Favorite weather to write to?
3. Most emotional scene ever written?
4. Favorite character in your own stories (or top three if you can't choose)?
5. Favorite character in other fiction (or top three if you can't choose)?
6. What are some things you've taken to saying you picked up from your friends? (Mine are "I kid" and "yep yep". Guess who I got those from. XD )
7. Dream cast for one of your novels?
8. Pepsi or Coke?
9. If you could play one musical instrument, what would it be?
10. What's the best thing you can cook?
11. Favorite girl name? Favorite boy name?
 
Whew. That was long. XD Thanks for reading my lovelies! <3

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for sharing and playing along. And I really wasn't fishing with 9., but THANK YOU! I'm honored. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *in which I completely missed you tagged me* Mountains of Montana! That would be awesome.
    I shall go off to respond to these awesome questions now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give you both the awards this post covers! https://avonsbabbles.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/two-awards/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do we post it here? Oh and hi Cinder! It's Max(andangelrock).

    ReplyDelete