Monday, October 8, 2012

Meet My Nano Charries!

Hold your applause, 'cause I know you're excited, but it's time to INTERVIEW MY NANOWRIMO CHARACTERS! That's right - I'm plucking questions straight from the NaNoWriMo preparation handbook to further explore three excellent characters: Sophia Parker, Eli Kelinson, and King Atticus. So without further ado, Getting to Know Your Characters, part... erm... Seventy-something!

(Please note that I paraphrased a lot of the handbook's questions. :P )

Title: Death and Other Things I Fail At
Summary: Sophia Parker does some dangerous things when she’s bored - things like, say, accidentally separating her soul from her body one summer day after reading from a book she shouldn’t have. Now she’s stuck fifty years in the future, where mankind has discovered that ghosts are real and “hunt” them for sport - Sophia included.
The good news: Her body was cryogenically stored all the way across the country, and if she can just make it there in one piece, she’ll be able to reenter it and prove that she’s actually alive to all the people trying to kill her.
The bad news: Her only companions are the grumpy son of the world’s best ghost hunter and a girl who would rather blast Sophia to smithereens than help her reach freedom.
 
Not to mention the ghosts who really are dead want Sophia to help them overthrow the human race and kill every hunter in existence. Staying alive just took on a whole new meaning.

MAIN CHARACTER: SOPHIA PARKER

PHOTO CREDIT: Caitlin Evanson (Taylor Swift's BAMF violinist, in case you were wondering)
http://theswiftagency.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/caitlin-elizabeth-evanson.jpeg

Host: Hello, Sophia, and welcome to the show! We're really excited to have you here today. Can you tell us a little about what is going on in your life right now?

Sophia: My life right now? Well, since I'm technically dead, my life has sucked lately. But, you know - stuck in the future as a disembodied consciousness with the whole of humanity deteremined to put me in a grave... there's never a dull moment.

Host: Wow! Sounds like you have a lot going on. Rumor has it, though, that someone is out to get you. We've heard you've been having some trouble with a villain. Cam you tell us what that villain is up to these days?

Sophia: Ha! Take your pick. Eli's dad wants to blow my head off for kidnapping his son. Z wants to wring my neck just because I don't currently have a body. And King Atticus the Homicidal Ghost wants to destroy the human race and isn't too happy that I'm opposed to the idea. Not a lot of people don't hate me right now.

Host: Oh, you poor thing. Do you at least have anyone helping you out throughout your adventure? A supporting character, perhaps? What has he or she been doing lately?

Sophia: Who, Eli? He's a giant pain in the backside. I only used his body once - now he's all indignant about a girl taking over and making hime "feminine and stuff." I guess he's my only friend, though. Z's just along to make sure I don't kill anyone while I'm trying to get Florida and find my cryogenically-stored body.

Host: You're lucky to have that person by your side. We've all been wondering, and we hope you'll tell the folks at home - would you rather be able to fly, or have the ability to become invisible, and why?

Sophia: That's a joke, right? I'm a ghost. I can do both.

Host: Look at the time! I'm afraid we're going to have to wrap this interview up. Thanks for talking to us, Sophia! Next up, folks, we're interviewing the big, the bad -

Sophia: The idiotic.

Host: The bravest amateur ghost hunter around: Eli Kelinson! Stay tuned for part 2 of this interview, up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment